Vacuum machine has become the must-have cleaning gadget however at home or out. When an ordinary vacuum cleaner only sucks up the dry dirt, dust or debris a wet-dry vacuum cleaner can serve you with both (dry and wet) cleaning service. And so these kinds of vacuums are being more preferable day by day. Besides, a wet-dry vac can work out-standing to suck up heavy dirt and even some larger debris. Isn’t it cool? You can choose from the available sizes as per your need.
Are you about to get one or got one already? Then the first thing you want to know must be how to use a wet vac. If it is so you are in the right place. Here in this article, you will be provided all the information and instruction on using the procedure of wet vac.
Let’s get started.
Know the Parts
Before going to the main process here are the parts attached to a wet vac to get you a clear idea of what do they do. Once you know them well you can make sure you are using every single part in its right way.
- Vacuum Tub: This is a big tub that holds up all the sucked watery dust or dry dust, debris, and whatever you clean.
- Hose: This is a pipe that is connected to the vac tub and has a long length. It does the job of pulling dirt or dust in by the sucking air.
- Nozzle: This stuff is usually attached to the edge of the hose. It goes over the dirt, water, or dust and sucks them inside the machine.
- Pump: It gives the power to remove the water out of the vac.
- Cables: Cable connects the device to the electricity and runs it through the power.
The Working Procedure
By knowing how it works you will get the answer to how to use it. Though a wet vacuum cleaner comes in various sizes, the working procedure is always the same. You can choose a small, medium, large, or giant size. It’s a good side indeed. If you about to get it for domestic use you need the small one and if you need to do the heavy jobs get the larger one. However, it’s up to you what size or brand you choose. The working procedure is similar every time. Here goes the step-by-step working or using the process for you.
- Step 1: First of all set your vac machine on a flat surface so you can move it flexible. You have to keep it around the place you want to clean. Also, make sure there is an electric connection.
- Step 2: Now, if you want to clean a watery place, open up the top of the vac tube and remove the dry filter, and put it back. The space you have inside the vac is the limitation of how much water it can suck. Once it is full it will stop the suction process.
- Step 3: After that, connect the hose to its exact place. Your vacuum must have a hole to hook up the hose. Normally the hole takes place on the front side to make the cleaning process convenient.
- Step 4: Next, attach the nozzle at the edge of the hose. Make sure it’s attached tight. When done, plug in the power cord and switch on the vacuum cleaner
- Step 5: By now, it will start sucking all the watery stuff you point on and stop the process when the tub is full.
- Step 6: Now, it turns to remove the sucked water. To do so, unscrew the tap at the bottom on the backside. You will notice a hole there. Put the pump on the hole. Seal it as tight as you can. Otherwise, there will be a leakage issue.
- Step 7: Add a long pipe to the other side of the pump. The collected water will be removed through this pipe.
- Step 8: plug in the power cable, tap the start button of the pump and it will start to remove the watery kinds of stuff out through the pipe attached to it. The process end here.
- Step 9: Till step 8 it was for cleaning any watery place but you can clean out the dry places too. To do so, put back the dry filter and attach the cover like before.
- Step 10: Fix the hose and nozzle like before. Make sure they are dry. And switch on the ower. Your vac will work as a dry vacuum cleaner.
That’s all you need to do to use your vacuum cleaner in its accurate process. Just go through the steps and follow them exactly. You are done.
Tips for An Ideal Use
The 10 steps up will let you know the way of using your wet vac accurately. But there are some issues you need to focus on while using your wet vacuum cleaner. Here they are.
- Pulling Process: When you start the cleaning process it’s normally you have to move here and there along with that your vacuum also has to move with you. Here you need a tip to pull accordingly. Never pull your wet vacuum with the hose. As you know the hose is not permanently attached to it so it can come out anytime. Once it comes out or the tub falls down all the dirty stuff and spills will spread on the floor and make your work double. To avoid this risk pull your wet vac with the handle always.
- Wash It Every Time After Use: You must wash the vac tub, hose, nozzle, and other pipers every time after use. If you neglect to do so your vac machine will get inner damage and soon will stop working. Because, when the dirt, spills, or debris you collect will get dried and be fixed to the device it will block the narrow areas and won’t respond to suck anything. So, Store it clean for long-lasting use.
So, this is the process you may follow. Just read the article accordingly because the tips and instruction suggested up won’t only let you learn how to use a wet vac, it will ensure you are following the ideal process. Hope the article was helpful. Thanks for being with us.