If you’re struggling to find the best vacuum under $150, you’re in the right place. Having a tight budget doesn’t mean that you should buy a low-quality product with a bad reputation. On the contrary, you can get the most of your money if you allow us to help you. We made a list with 8 affordable vacuum under 150 worth your money and reviewed them in detail.
Scroll down and pick the one you like best. However, before you do that, let’s get familiar with types of vacuum cleaners and learn some useful tips on how to pick the right vacuum. Not, let’s jump into our detailed reviews of the 8 best vacuum under 150 as promised.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best vacuum under 150: Comparison Table
- 2 Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Final verdict
Best vacuum under 150: Comparison Table
If you want something that will perform excellently on hardwood floors, tile, and carpets, the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional is the perfect model for you. It’s not cordless and features a very long cord which makes your cleaning a lot easier. The lift-off canister is ideal for cleaning stairs. According to our research, it has an amazing suction capability and will become your favourite vacuum cleaner of all times just like it did with other buyers.
Maintaining the Shark Navigator is very easy to clean. You’ll get a great deal for the price. If you have animals at home, Shark Navigator will help you clean all the dog hair very fast and without much frustration. It’s highly-recommended for cat owners as well. It does not come assembled. However, it’s very easy to assemble. And most importantly, it’s very quiet.
And we know how important is the noise when it comes to vacuum cleaners. No one prefers a vacuum cleaner that’s too loud and can scare away your children or pets. A loud cleaner is like a nightmare for the ears. However, you don’t have to worry about that with this model.
So, if you’re looking for a decent cheap vacuum, look no further than this one. It’s compact and powerful. And it turns cleaning into a fun, easy activity. What more could you ask for?
- Super easy to navigate
- Super easy to assemble
- Powerful but quiet motor
- Amazing suction capacity
- Ideal for dog and cat owners
- Long cord for easy cleaning
- Reasonably priced washable filters
- Improved design and performance
- Not the most lightweight model
- It features a heavy-top head
- The power button is placed in a weird spot
- There’s a tube by the bottom that falls off
- You will need to dump it twice
- It doesn’t work well with cat litter
- The small canister that fills up quickly
- Not every attachment fits the vacuum
- Some buyers complain about the cord length and position
- Horrible performance on the plush carpet, it stops moving
Another model by Sharking that’s definitely worth your money is the SharkNinja. It’s not the most lightweight model but performs excellently. It’s also an easy model to clean and maintain. It features a canister that’s easy to clean and has two clips on each side, so you don’t have to squat down and push on both clips to release it. One more great thing about SharkNinja NV352, one size, is that you don’t have to spend any extra cash on new filters.
It’s great with larger objects just like any other big vacuum thanks to the powerful motor and great performance. However, the hose extension isn’t that long, so the vacuum cleaner tends to tip over frequently. All the attachments fit the vacuum. They’re easy to assemble.
Another great feature is the extra large dust cup. It allows you to clean a couple of times before you have to empty it out. And just like the previous model we mentioned, this one is also quiet. It works great with various surfaces like Waterhog doormats, hardwoods, tile, and carpets. It’s a great choice for pet owners. One of the best cheap vacuum cleaners.
- Amazing suction capability
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Quiet but powerful motor
- Ideal for pet owners
- 25-foot cord
- Swivel head
- Roller brush off mode
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Pet hair brush attachment
- Bagless, affordable, easy to use
- Works perfectly on bare floors
- Great performance on different surfaces
- Easy rotation and movement
- Removable and washable filter
- Quality design and appealing look
- Releases hot air, so it’s a nightmare in small quarters in summer
- Some customers complain about the cord’s length and position
- Unfortunately, you will have to wrap the cord yourself
- Difficult structure and harder to use unlike similar models
- The bottom hose doesn’t feature a clip to hold it firm
- It’s not the best choice for shag rugs and cleaning edges
- Frequent brush cleaning, a small amount of hair stops it from spinning
Black & Decker BDASV102
Moving onto another brand, Black & Decker offers this one model worth considering. It’s the Black & Decker BDASV102 AIRSWIVEL. We’re talking about an ultra-lightweight and upright cleaner, a versatile vacuum that’s easy to handle, easy to carry and easy to store.
It features an ergonomic handle, swivel steering for ultimate maneuverability, large dust cup capacity at 2 litres, 10 feet hose, clear view nozzle window, 30 feet cord, upholstery tool, crevice tool, and a small brush. If these features didn’t grab your attention, 1-year warranty certainly will. Also, it offers customer service support. Not to forget to mention, it has the most perfect tool for pet hair. So, it’s the perfect vacuum for dog/cat owners.
However, it’s not the best vacuum children for people with kids. As you might know, they tend to spill different things on the floor/carpet. And this model won’t pick objects bigger than a coin. You will experience difficulties with spilled liquids too. They clog the vacuum.
- Washable filters
- No maintenance cost
- Easy to clean dust cup
- Works on both hard floor and carpet
- 12-inch cleaning path
- 30 feet cord
- Great pet hair tool
- 3-in-1 product
- 1-year warranty
- Customer support
- Not the best choice if you have children
- Not great with liquids, they clog the vacuum
- The plastic seems like it will break in half at any moment
- Hard to unclog and eliminating objects bigger than a penny
- You cannot adjust the height
- Sometimes it’s very hard to push across the carpet/floor
- Not recommended for people who suffer from back pain
If you’re looking for a powerful multi-surface vacuum that will clean your home with ease and won’t cause frustration, this model is perfect for you. We’re talking about the bagless, lightweight upright vacuum. It’s called Eureka NEU182A Power Speed and will impress you.
It offers five height adjustment settings. And it’s suitable for cleaning different surfaces including rugs, carpets, hardwood floors, and tile. Light but performs amazing. It features a top-notch suction and a powerful motor. You will also receive different free accessories.
It’s great with furniture, curtains, and cars as well. And if you wonder about maintenance, it requires low maintenance, since it’s bagless. Just attach the quick release handle to the stretch hose, add some vacuum tool attachment of your preference and you’re ready to go.
For cleaning, just wash the filter and empty the extra large dust cup. No extra money for new filters or new bags, which is quite amazing. What more could you ask for in a vacuum?
- Extra large dust cup holds
- Less frequent emptying
- Great or hard-to-reach spots
- Quick release handle
- Deluxe stretch hose for above-floor cleaning
- Dusting brush and upholstery tool
- Extra-long crevice tool
- Bagless model with 5 height settings
- Washable filter
- Powerful suction
- Telescoping handle
- Affordable and lightweight
- Very loud unlike the previous models we presented
- You might have to go over some spots repeatedly to clean everything
- Some buyers have a difficult time assembling this vacuum cleaner
- Some buyers didn’t receive some of the promised attachments
- The parts have poor design, they’re not made out of the best material
- The suction might weaken after time just like with any other vacuum cleaner
Hoover Power Scrub FH50150
If you’re down for deep cleaning, this is the model for you. It has SpinScrub Brush System and will help you clean even the dirtiest carpets thanks to the powerful 360º brushes. It’ll evenly clean every surface with the powerful and equal suction thanks to the dual V nozzle.
Have we mentioned that it’s a lightweight model? It weighs less than 19 pounds. Meaning, you can pick up your new favourite vacuum and get rid of the mess around the home. As the verified purchase comments said, it’s one of the best cheap vacuum cleaners on the market because you get a great deal for the price. It turns cleaning into an easy and fun activity.
You should use hot water to fill up the reservoir when ready to clean. Our research says that this will help you remove the stains a lot faster and clean better. But just like other vacuum cleaners, this one too has pros and cons. Apparently, you will have to change and fill the tank for a couple of times, depending on the size of your home. Still, it’s simple to use.
- Easy to use
- Upholstery tool
- Service tool
- Stair tool
- A sample bottle of solution
- Affordable and bagless
- Great with stains
- Powerful, equal suction
- Powerful 360º brushes
- Hard to get all the junk out of the dirty water container
- It’s hard to use and push when scrubbing shaggier carpets
- You have to change and fill up the container frequently
- It doesn’t heat the water, so you will have to use hot water
- Poor design, the parts aren’t made out of the best material
- Some buyers complain about the suction, it weakens after time
- The accessory spin brush head is very hard to remove from the hose
- Not the most powerful spin brush heads, according to some users
- You can experience difficulties with removing the smell of dog pee
Hoover Power Scrub FH50251
Next on our list of best vacuum under 150 is the Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner. We’re talking about a brand new model that will blow your mind away. It performs on quick clean mode, meaning it’s ideal for fast surface clean of rugs, entryways and living rooms. With this baby, your carpets and floors will be perfectly cleaned and dry in 45 min.
However, it also operates on deep clean mode. Meaning, it’s also suitable for removing dirt and stains. It features a wash/rinse mode as well. It will refresh your carpets and extend their life. If you wonder why floors and carpets get dry very fast, it’s because of the hot air applied directly to the spots you’re cleaning. Have we mentioned that Hoover Power has antimicrobial spin scrub brush system? How amazing is that? It’s a patented brush system that won’t damage your carpet but erase even the toughest dirt and make it look like new.
And the best part is that it’s treated with antimicrobial materials in order to remove the odor and bacteria forming in the machine. As we mentioned, it’s a new model designed to improve cleaning and boost your cleaning skills to the next level. One of the biggest pros of this baby is the superior drying. And the fact that you can choose between two modes, quick clean and deep clean, according to your own preference and current cleaning needs.
- There are two modes to choose from: quick clean and deep clean
- Fast drying, your floors, and carpets will dry in less than 45 min
- New model designed to simplify cleaning and boost your cleaning skills
- Antimicrobial spin scrub brush system which prevents odour and bacteria
- Affordable, powerful, modern, one of the best cheap deals on the market
- Some of the customers have received a leaking water tank
- Other customers claim that the suction weakened after time
- Some users haven’t received the screws to attach the handle
BISSELL PowerLifter 1622
Are you looking for a full-size carpet cleaner that will help you clean with ease? How about you purchase BISSELL PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Carpet Cleaner and Shampooer? The name of the vacuum says it all. One of the best cheap vacuum cleaners on the market.
It features 4-row dual rotating drift lifter power brushes that will remove help you clean your carpets and floors like no other vacuum cleaner on the market. It’s obvious that we’re presenting some of the cheapest but best vacuum cleaners under $150 and we recommend each and every one of them. However, this one is our favourite. It also has a 2-in-1 tank for easy filling and easy emptying. The cleaning path width is 11 inches. However, just like any other vacuum cleaners on the market, this one too has both benefits and disadvantages.
- Removable nozzle
- Lint screen
- Built-in measuring cup
- 11 inches cleaning path width
- 1-year warranty
- The shampooer is very easy to assemble
- A super light model that’s easy to use
- Although lightweight, it’s still powerful
- Great deal for the price
- You will have to change the water in the water tank very often
- It’s lightweight but still takes a lot of storage space
- Some customers found the instructions hard to understand
- The tank for cleaning and cycling out the shampoo is small
- Not the best choice for people who live in a bigger home
- Some claim that the machine leaves blobs of hair during use
- You don’t get any attachments for spot cleaning or furniture
- Some customers complain about the cord’s length and position
- There’s no separate hand tool for upholstery and spot cleaning
Bissell 3624 Corded
Last but certainly not least on our list is the BISSELL 3624 SpotClean Professional Carpet Cleaner. We’re talking about a portable corded model with 5 flex hose which helps to clean nasty and ugly spots and stains in ‘untouchable’ places like upholstery, area rugs, and stairs.
Although it’s one of the smallest models we presented, it’s VERY powerful and works great. It’s perfect for people with children and pets since they’re the ones most guilty of stains.
If you’re looking for something simple and easy to use, portable, small but powerful at the same time, this model is definitely for you. It has amazing suction. Also, it’s very simple to clean and empty. And although it’s certainly smaller than other models, it features a large-sized tank for dirty water. You might experience difficulties when draining the first time.
As assumed, thanks to the small size, it’s very easy to carry around. One of the best spot vacuums you will come across. It comes with a 2-year limited warranty and works great for pet owners and people with small kids. Definitely, one of the best cheap vacuum cleaners.
- Three tough stain tool
- Six stair tool
- Professional deep cleaning formula
- 2-year limited warranty
- One of the best spot vacuum
- Amazing suction
- Small but powerful
- Simple to use and clean
- Large-sized dirty water tank
- Some buyers claim that the hose broke after a few cleanings
- Strong suction but poor, bad design, according to some users
- Some claim that they’ve experienced a leaky water tank
For more details and online guides, check out their YouTube Channel here.
Which is the best vacuum cleaner to buy?
In case this is your first time buying a vacuum cleaner, we’ve mentioned some of the main types of vacuum cleaners. Also, we’ve shared the pros & cons of each type. Check it out.
Upright vacuum cleaner
This type of vacuum cleaner is one of the most popular on the market because it’s easy to control, maintain and use. Also, it’s quite effective when it comes to cleaning carpets in the home due to the brush bar that eliminates filth in ‘untouchable places’ around your home.
Cylinder vacuum cleaner
If you want something more traditional, a cylinder vacuum cleaner is a perfect choice for you. It’s lightweight, cheap and takes less space. Ideal for cleaning small spaces, stairs, and upholstery and quite affordable and usually costs less than its upright counterparts.
Bag vacuum cleaner
The type of vacuum cleaners isn’t the only thing you should take into consideration. Owning a vacuum cleaner with a bag isn’t the same as owning a bagless one. However, decide which one suits you better according to our detailed reviews and the pros and cons of both types.
Bag vacuum cleaner: It features a dust-bag for storing dirt, hair, dust and other things you might encounter while cleaning. After the bag is filled-up, you have to empty it and put it back in place. Emptying the bag isn’t a difficult task. However, it’s filthy. Have you heard of the famous movie 50 Shades of Grey? With the bag vacuum cleaner, you will experience 50 Shades of Dirt while emptying. Still, some types require replacement with another bag.
- Easy disposal
- Poor performance
Bagless vacuum cleaner: It doesn’t feature a storage bag. However, it operates by filter within the dust canister in order to trap the hair, dust, and dirt. Or performs a ‘cyclonic action’ in order to separate the air from the dust and trap all the dirt inside the canister.
- Easy maintenance
- Expensive repair
- Messy when cleaning the canister
Should I go cordless or not?
If you pick a cordless vacuum cleaner, you will get a lightweight, stick-style, bagless model with handheld attachments. Perhaps you’ve noticed that cordless vacuum cleaners became quite popular on the market recently. However, just like any other product, they have their pros and cons. They can help you decide if you want to go cordless or not. Check them out.
Pros of cordless vacuum cleaner:
- Very light (around 2.4kg unlike standard models)
- Compact and easy to store around the home
- Having no cord means easier cleaning
- Perfect for cleaning weird spots, cars, and stairs
Cons of cordless vacuum cleaner:
- Smaller dust capacity
- Frequent filter cleaning and bin emptying
- Costlier than corded vacuum cleaners
- Countless poor models on the market
- Limited cleaning time due to battery life
As you can notice, owning a cordless vacuum cleaner has both benefits and disadvantages. And if you ask us, we recommend the corded models, especially if you live in a larger home and prefer deep cleaning. If not, you should purchase a cordless one but choose carefully.
As you can notice, we shared our honest opinion about all 8 best vacuum under 150 we found online. According to our research, they’re all great deals for the price. So, if you want something affordable, but still powerful that will last for a long time and turn your cleaning into a fun process, pick one of these products. Aside from the disadvantages, they’re all worth your time and money. You can’t go wrong, no matter which one you pick.